Morning Motivator - I Know the Definition of "TRY"

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."
- Espresso Training Bike monitor

Last night I was COMPLAINING about a mild knee injury suffered in kick ball (yes, kick ball) as I was riding the stationary bike at the YMCA. Internally, I was having my own little PITY PARTY for "poor little Zach's bad knee." I looked down and saw move across the screen…

"Do or do not. There is no try."

I wondered who I was FOOLING by only giving half effort to "protect" my knee. I could do the work on the bike or not. However, if I was going to do it – I better get my BUTT in gear! So I did. And I busted out a GREAT workout… "bad knee" and all.

This made me think about the "EXCUSES" I make for myself at work, in personal relationships, with my family and more. How many times a week to I RATIONALIZE my way out of doing something I know I should be? How often do people miss OPPORTUNITIES because they are not willing to do more than "try?"

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP (for Joe):
Want to make a serious CHANGE? You are going to have to "buck up" and get busy! STOP making excuses… IMMEDIATELY!

Define your TOP PRIORITIES daily. Place them in order of IMPORTANCE for greatest impact. Set a completion time and GET TO IT!

Once you are able to FOCUS on the few, most important actions for the day – you will find that "trying" turns into DOING or NOT. Should you choose NOT, you will know why and understand the impact of that decision. This is called EMPOWERMENT! Enjoy it…

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::