Morning Motivator – My Favorite Quote

"We overestimate what we can accomplish in one year, but we underestimate what we can accomplish in five."
- Peter Drucker

You may have seen an adaptation of this quote from discussions with my great mentor, Andy Herzer. I wanted to share this again, as I have enjoyed some new discussions with young professionals regarding their SUCCESS strategy and GROWTH planning for the future.

Once, I believed myself to be a very LAID BACK and RELAXED individual and am coming to realize I may have a small CONTROL complex. I enjoyed a wonderful chat this weekend about FUTURE planning and it was apparent that of the 3 people at the table discussing, I was the one thinking the most towards the FUTURE and that I was also the one MISSING out on the most FUN. My LEARNING experience from this was a consideration that maybe I place too much PRESSURE on myself to have "it all figured out" today and that a step back to SEE the bigger picture is what is in order.

My personal CHALLENGE is that I want ALL the answers before I ask the question. I want GUARANTEES about the future without living in the present. I want to know the OUTCOME of my days before I ever wake up. That seems to be a STRESSFUL way of living a happy lifestyle doesn't it? So what should I do (and possibly you)…

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:

In my prior life at BlackBerryGuy, Andy Bailey (president), would always make the comment… "improve 1% daily." What he is really saying is … take ONE SIMPLE STEP daily towards your LONG TERM dreams of SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT. By taking one step per day, you will be 365 steps further at the end of the year. In the case of a 1% improvement… you will have improved yourself 365% of your original self – over 3.5 times better!!

Like a map, you must know where you are today to chart out your first step. Write down your GOAL. Set a time frame for ACCOMPLISHMENT. Write down the feelings you expect to ENJOY when you ACHIEVE your goal. In bold lettering, note the FIRST STEP to accomplishing that goal… then go do it. Once achieved, write ONLY the next step and repeat. Do this daily and you will find that your able to accomplish all your DREAMS and never feel the PAIN or FRUSTRATIONS traditionally accompanied with "getting it all figured out, today."

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::