Morning Motivator – The Gift Horse’s Mouth

"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have."
- Frederick Keonig

First, THANK YOU to everyone that sent me kind responses yesterday to celebrate the 1 Year ANNIVERSARY of the Morning Motivator. Your support is PRICELESS.

As I awoke this morning, I was thinking about the psychology of ACHIEVEMENT and the EXPECTATIONS some people have for excelling in their life. I WONDERED… Does EVERYONE expect to be successful, confident, wealthy and respected? I also wondered why I seem to always be FOCUSED on what I don't have, as opposed to what I do… do others do the same?

When I think about what I HAVE – great family, great friends, nice home, good job and a healthy body – I know I SHOULD be very appreciative, yet I think about what I have yet to achieve. I'm so FOCUSED on growing my education, attaining new opportunities, furthering the Junior Chamber, making personal relationships "perfect," that I feel I may be OVERLOOKING the important things that are happening today. Am I missing out on some of my best years worried about things that may or may not ever happen in the years to come?

This Morning Motivator is NOT to tell you to limit your goals and "just be thankful" for what you have, rather it is to question the EXPECTATIONS of ourselves. Should we be happy to have a GOOD life and that be enough? Is it better to be FOCUSED on bettering our finances, professions and connections? If we decide to STOP focusing on the what we "want" does that mean we are giving up?

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
Learning to APPRECIATE what one has is often challenging for someone who is a FUTURIST. When you are always trying to control and forecast your future – you MAY tend to under value your current standings. So ask yourself – what is the proper BALANCE?

The BALANCE of appreciation and drive is where one finds PEACE and HAPPINESS in their life. What is your balance? Do you find greater CONTENTMENT in a passionate pursuit of the future or do you need to stop to smell the roses? What do the people around you think?

Our GREATEST challenge in life is the balancing act of today vs. tomorrow. The defining of SUCCESS in today's terms and shaping it for the future. To invest in a relationship because it feels good or do the hard stuff so it IS good. You must CHOOSE your own path and as long as you are TRUE to your soul's passions… you will find yourself walking the proper path.

Have a TREMENDOUS weekend of fun and relaxation!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::