Morning Motivator – What are Your Priorities?

"Most people struggle with life balance simply because they haven't paid the price to decide what is really important to them." 
- Stephen Covey

I had a very enjoyable discussion yesterday about the transition from "Young Professional" to a "Professional that is Young(er)…" 

The driving nature behind this discussion was one of religious understanding and appreciation of your role in life, yet it was VERY applicable to our worldly actions as well.  Specifically, for those of us that STRUGGLE with prioritization. 

The quote above RESONATED with me, as I found myself being this individual just a few years ago.  Lost for the sake of being lost.  Frustrated because I could not find what I was LOOKING for (and never defining 'it").  Continually putting work before family, faith and personal relationships. 

I am not suggesting I am a MASTER of life balance and priorities (as I am still in the 'poor' category); however, I am a highly aware, work in progress.  

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
As we struggle to balance the importance of being a LEADER in business, family, faith and friendships, we often feel PULLED in multiple directions that have no similar path.  NOT TRUE. 

A great mentor and friend, Justin Morrison, once said to me, 'when you begin to control and respect your time, others will do the same."  What he meant was that if I would ALLOW people to work within MY schedule and find MUTUALLY beneficial times for activities, everyone would win and the balance found.  HE WAS RIGHT! 

You must CHOOSE what is most important to you.  Sacrifice accordingly.  With the remainder of the standing IMPORTANCE'S, find a way to MERGE them together.  Blend social with business, family with faith, recreation with love.  Most importantly… stop CHASING other people around.  Meet them in the middle – they will APPRECIATE it too! 

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::