Morning Motivator – Confucius Say…

"No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance."
- Confucius

I could not RESIST a good fortune cookie Morning Motivator.  Confucius say, "READ Morning Motivator daily for good humor and business focus…" (Maybe not, but Zach say).

In my short lifetime, I have LEARNED many important things.  Some of which I wish I would have had the MATURITY to understand when I was in high school or even college.  One of the MOST PROLIFIC is the idea of SELF-CHOSEN IGNORANCE.  I must WARN you that the next comments may be difficult to agree with… initially.

SELF-CHOSEN IGNORANCE is the intentional rejection of information, education or skill development.  My job, as a marketing and sales professional, is to CREATE new opportunity, not execute the operational details.  For me, IGNORANCE regarding the technical processes required for fulfillment of business is REQUIRED.  IF I become too detailed in the process, it will PREVENT my ability to create new opportunity quickly!  For technical people – flip it!

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
I agree with Confucius that we must CARVE OUT time DAILY for reading.  That reading should be to ENHANCE your best skills – not learning (in detail) the processes that you spend less than 10% of your time working in.

Consider an athlete.  If the said athlete is a very fast runner, but not able to bench press 300 lbs like their much larger counterparts, should they focus on finding ways to lift that weight or maximize their speed?  Should you ENHANCE your pre-existing advantage or try to be "Mr. /Mrs. EVERYTHING"?

Use READING to better enhance your natural talents, maximize your effective correction of marginal talents and forego working on your natural weaknesses.  You will never overcome your worst WEAKNESSES – so delegate those to someone else – then be a SUPERSTAR where you already are good!

Confucius say, "you may disagree, but not until you try."

Cheers,
"Confucius Zach"

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::