Morning Motivator – See the Signs… and ACT!

"I saw it coming.  I just thought I would have more time to do something about it."
- Anonymous

My wife, Nancy, has a favorite television show – The Biggest Loser.  It is an INTERESTING series, which highlights the struggles, growth and re-education of obese individuals, battling to gain their life back through weight loss.

I am fully confident that others, like I, have viewed the program muddling under their breath DISBELIEF that anyone could allow their self to become so lost, in this case gaining so much weight. 

While it may be easy to say, "put down the fork," it may take self-reflection to realize that anyone can become lost.  They may be lost in the debts of living a LIFESTYLE they cannot afford.  They may be lost in RELATIONSHIPS that are not healthy, nor meaningful.  They may be lost in their own obsession with SUCCESS, this alienating those they work with in order to be on top.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
For every person that becomes LOST and adopts a self-destructive behavior, there are plethoras of signs warning them of their faulty ways.  So what can you do?

I will use myself as a good example.  I am 32 years old and weigh approximately 235 lbs.  While I stand 6'1" and may not appear overweight, my body is SCREAMING at me after football games with signs of fatigue associated with carrying too much weight.  Mainly is nagging pains within my knees, ankles and back. 

There is a SIMPLE solution.  ACT ON THIS!  I "see" that there are WARNING SIGNS my body is giving me, asking for help so I may continue to enjoy the sports I cherish so dearly.  Thus, it is time to "put down the fork" (or in this case the donut) and pick up the weights.  Will I SUCCEED?  I am confident I will… as long as I stay AWARE of the signs.

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::