Morning Motivator – Your Annual Check Up

"Another year has passed… what have I accomplished?"
- Annual birthday question

Every 365 days something magical happens – your birthday!  Today happens to be mine.  I am CELEBRATING the 3rd anniversary of my 30th birthday!!

Why is that we wait all year before we start asking IMPORTANT questions like:
Am I happy?
Am I following my dreams?
Am I successful?
What SHOULD I be doing?
What am I missing out on?

These are VERY IMPORTANT questions that should not be reviewed annually, rather weekly, if not daily! 

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
The thing about aging is that we become DESENSITIZED to the things that bothered us prior.  We begin to "settle" for less and accept our "place" in the world.  Why??  We are the proverbial frog in the pot of gradually warming water… We never see our fate coming.  We just think it is what it is.

Somewhat sad actually.

But WAIT!  There is HOPE!  Planning a monthly review of your success path and evaluating your actions can ALLEVIATE the risk of you ending up as frog legs.  How hard would it be to put a reminder in your calendar for 3pm every Friday?  Spend 20 minutes reviewing your goals, then make corrections. 

It seems simple… and it actually works.  You might be surprised if you just try!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::