Morning Motivator - Being Dumb and Successful

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible." - Doug Larson

I laughed when I saw this quote and visualized all the people the may be offended by this MM. I, not having enough SMARTS to know better, am taking ACTION and going with it.

I confess, I am an OVERANALYZER. I think things through 100x over in all the WORST case scenarios. Sometimes, I think things so far through, I FORGET the original purpose of the thoughts. Additionally, I tend to DWELL on the worst possible situation, in preparation for potential FAILURE, thus having my contingency plan in place. Maybe being "dumb" to the situation and action driven would be a BETTER solution.

The idea of IGNORANCE being a strength towards ACHIEVEMENT is not unfounded. Its often the young executive, with the least experience, that tackles the BIGGEST project using zest and passion - why? She doesn't know she is not supposed to ACCOMPLISH it. While others have failed, she is UNAWARE and thus is more DRIVEN, FOCUSED and CREATIVE.
2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
Often you hear the comment, "there is nothing else to invent, its all been made." If so, how can we produce new drugs to save our bodies, fuels to power our vehicles or technologies to communicate more effectively?

The ability to CREATE and MAINTAIN is derived from an IGNORANCE of sorts. Either, you DON'T KNOW or you know and ACT like you don't. It is when you work with a completely OPEN MIND that the purest of ideas arise and REAL success steps are made. Do yourself a favor... dumb it down for success.

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com



The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::