Morning Motivator - What's Most Important?

"You can accomplish anything in life, provided that you do not mind who gets the credit."
- Harry S. Truman

In the time spent over the past 14+ months writing the Morning Motivator, the lessons learned have really been ENJOYABLE. Lessons of RESPONSIBILITY, PROFESSIONALISM, SELF VALUE and PERSONAL EGO. I thank many of YOU... as it is YOU that SERVES as my teacher.

Currently, I am reading Good to Great by Jim Collins and am ENTRIGUED by the idea of a humble, quiet, yet passionately FOCUSED leader. Someone that takes PERSONAL responsibility for less than admirable results and PASSES the glory to others for achieved SUCCESS.

In reflection, I find myself THANKFUL to be able to SEE these traits in great people around me, READ of it in widely accepted books and HOPE I am applying it to the people I serve in any leadership role I am FORTUNATE enough to serve in.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
As always, the GOAL is to provide you with an idea that will support your DEVELOPMENT.

I pose this question to you: "What is most important? Getting recognition for your work or getting your work done most effectively?"

It is my BELIEF that once you TRULY understand your answer (neither of which is wrong), you will be better EQUIPPED to lead in the most effective manner for you. My only SUGGESTION is to recognize that sometimes "letting go" gives you the best control...

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

Executive Team:
Zachary Barker, Publisher
Nancy Dubuisson, Editor

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::