Morning Motivator – The Easy Way to Get Ahead

"There are plenty of ways to get ahead. The first is so basic I'm almost embarrassed to say it: spend less than you earn."
- Paul Clitheroe

I have been ACCUSED of becoming a political activist, possibly with some validity. I do NOT send this as another political rant… this is my SIMPLE way of helping those that "just don't get it."

SUCCESS can be a four letter word if you speak to the right person on the right day. What is SUCCESS? Is it a big house, nice car, fancy clothes and sexy vacations? Is it MODEST living with wealth built and a moderate level of excitement? I am here to tell you that MY success is a house that is just big enough to be roomy with a mortgage I can pay with 1 ½ weeks worth of my income, a vehicle that will last me 7 years and still be "cool" to me and 2 vacations that I can take the person I CARE most about on and spend quality time. With the REMAINDER of my time, I want to help others find THEIR success…

A simple path to success is ECONOMICS. Here is the BIG SECRET… ready… breathe deep… here it comes… spend LESS than you make! REPEAT, SPEND LESS THAN YOU MAKE. If you make $30,000 per year you can have MY definition of success above (I know I did it). If you make $300,000 you can ALSO have it (not quite there…yet). Once you are on a PROPER financial path you FREE your mind, stresses and spirit to do the IMPORTANT things in life… as you DEFINE THEM.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
Learning to IMPROVE your life and lives of others is about understanding DISCIPLINE and SACRIFICE. I agree, I would love to drive a sweet Range Rover and live in a high rise condo with a beach home and sweet $3,000 suits. I, as many others, must decide what is IMPORTANT - the luxuries of TODAY or the security of TOMORROW.

Try this next time you are TEMPTED by a non-necessary item: wait 24 hours, think about it thoroughly and if you DETERMINE that you really will BENEFIT from owning it… do it and NEVER look back. If after the 24 hours the "RUSH" has passed, then pass on it… and NEVER look back.

Last point, REMEMBER, your actions today DO affect the generations behind you. Don't make decisions in HASTE that will compromise the people behind you. And as you look at the actions of world leaders today…ask yourself: "Is this to benefit us TODAY or are we thinking about the NEXT generations?"

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::