Morning Motivator - Why Not Ask?

"I look at it like a break even. If you say no, I'm no worse off than before. If I don't ask, then I may have missed out. If you say yes, then I win."
- Jason Denenberg, Nashville Junior Chamber President-Elect

In my cold calling this morning, I was greeted by a less than PLEASANT reception when I asked to speak to a business owner.

The lady told me that the company president was NOT interested in what we were offering. Interesting... Since she probably DOESN'T make daily decisions and is likely not a mind reader. Yet, I push forward and ask to send him some info on our group. Dead end again. I asked is there a BEST way to set a professional appointment in the future. "We won't need it," I am told.

Ok,ok,ok... I finally DECIDE I have had enough beating on this one and say, "Thank you. It never hurts to ask." Frustrated by her inability to better MANAGE this interaction, I thought of my good friend Jason's comments. I guess I at least broke even... nothing gained, nothing lost.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
How often do you walk away from a situation kicking yourself, wishing you would have just ASKED for what you really wanted?

Do you ever feel like you sold yourself SHORT by being to chicken to say what's on your mind?

Next time it happens, just remember the wisdom of an emerging Nashville leader... Just ask - the worst that can happen is that you BREAK EVEN.

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::