Morning Motivator - A Hard Way To Grow Up

"I sold myself short and punished everyone because of it."
- Zachary Barker

This is not a MOTIVATOR as much as a learning lesson I have UNCOVERED and finally KNOW it is going to STICK.

I am writing this on Sunday, March 22 at 5:40pm. My flag football team is playing as the #2 seed in the CHAMPIONSHIP tournament... minus one player - me.

I must SHARE with you, as POSITIVE as I can be, my COMPETITIVE spirit sometimes brings the worst out of me. My friends, teammates and fellow "Mudbugs" are playing in a game I have been waiting weeks to play in... alas, I am not. I am sitting in my truck bed after being EJECTED from the game for "FIGHTING" (no punches thrown).

I must admit, I am EMBARRASSED at how I carried myself. I allowed someone's ACTIONS to affect my behavior in a NEGATIVE manner. As a result of my INABILITY to show STRENGTH in character, I am now feeling empty and cheated... And know it is MY fault.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
I wanted to SHARE this story as a way of TEACHING. Every day someone CHALLENGES your character, patience and strength.
How do you REACT? Do you throw a stack of papers down in FRUSTRATIONS? Do you use your best SIGN LANGUAGE to the guy that cut you off on 65South? Or do you let the moment pass by and KNOW that there is a BETTER way?

I for one SUGGEST letting the moment pass... Let yourself COOL DOWN... THINK and then REACT. You may find that you have more enjoyment and opportunities to WIN that way.

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::