Morning Motivator – Measuring a Positive Decision

"A real decision is measured by the fact that you've taken a new action. If there's no action, then you haven't truly decided."
- Unknown

These next days are some of the most EXHILARATING and emotionally EXHAUSTING. We will spend this week MEASURING our short falls, concerned about our ability to ACHIEVE the "goals" we set out for ourselves. We will make EMPTY promises to refocus ourselves and "finally" take care of _________ (you fill in the blank).

I am not absolved from this type of MENTALITY. I have "missed the mark" on some of the goals I set – lose 25 lbs, launch an education website for business entrepreneurs, take my GRE exam for post graduate studies. I have "failed to achieve" many of my "GOALS." I have also ACHIEVED many others that I set out to do and that should NOT be overlooked.

The most important QUESTION to ask about the missed goals is "WHY?" Why did I choose these goals? Why are they so IMPORTANT, and yet gone unachieved? Why did I fail to attain the goals I SET out?

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
The WHY seems straightforward…

Q: Why did I choose these goals?
A: There were (or are still) part of my personal path of success and an identified area of IMPROVEMENT.

Q: Why are they so IMPORTANT, and yet gone unachieved?
A: I KNEW they were needed to attain the development I am seeking, yet I did NOT understand HOW TO achieve them most effectively.

Q: Why did I fail to attain the goals I SET out?
A: Simple. I FAILED to take action – any action!

Often, we set ARBITRARY goals with the hopes that if we write them down, somehow they will magically be completed by December 31st. We failed to plan the ACTION STEPS and the "HOW's" of our goals. Without an ACTION plan – we are simply wasting our time is "setting goals."

We must APPRECIATE that even steps in the wrong direction towards a goal, are MUCH BETTER, than standing still waiting to figure out the full path.


SET GOALS AND TAKE ACTION… you WILL find your way to them!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::