Morning Motivator – Can You Be “Just Happy”?

"It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it."
- Joseph Joubert

I WONDER… Does anyone else feel the IMPENDING responsibility to be "more" than what they are in life?  I am not talking about doing BETTER business or being a NICER person.  I am talking about AFFECTING the world in some form or fashion.

I STRUGGLE with the idea that I am supposed to be "Just Happy" with having a "good life" and living in a "nice community."  I am CHALLENGED at the idea that I was sent to this Earth to just have a job and work and maybe have kids and eventually die (nice run on sentence, eh?)

Do you STRUGGLE with the societal concept of "BEING HAPPY?"  Does it feel like settling for what your parents told you SHOULD make you happy?  Are you SEEKING greater purpose without a full UNDERSTANDING of "why?"

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
I am told this "feeling" is a typical condition of "my generation."  I am told that "we" are seeking purpose and fulfillment without the pursuit of riches and status that the Baby boomer had before us.

How are you DEFINING your purpose?  Does it REALLY fulfill you or just push back the feelings that make you QUESTION "why" and "how"?

In seeking the ANSWER to these questions, we must face the reality that we may NOT be in the place we are to be.  We may have selected a "LIFE" for the wrong reasons, and, as a result, we may be forced to make drastic changes or accept our place, while SETTLING into the life we chose.

Where do you fit in?  What will you DECIDE?  Better question … am I the only one that FEELS this??

Cheers,

Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

2 comments:

BaseballFan said...

I'm not the type to tell myself to be happy. I've tried that. I've accepted the fact that circumstances must be set in place to make me happy.

I think our generation feels the need (like the generations before, I guess) to have an altruistic purpose in life. What's wrong with wanting to relax, work when you want to work, exercise when you want, party when you want? I think if you admit that those things are important to you, your natural desire to be productive and serve the world the way you need to will flourish.

Like the site. Keep it coming, brother!

Unknown said...

I struggle with this question daily. It is not the standards that anyone else has set for me, yet my own. Am I doing what I love...or am I doing what I learn. I try to take all my experiences and say that I am learning something from this. It may be not what I want ( big I/ME), but at this point it is what I need to do to make myself a better and more marketable person.
It's very tough, but some days I can't chalk it up to experience, yet I chalk it up to the experience I will receive from it.

:: past morning motivators ::