Morning Motivator – The Longest MM Quote Yet...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?  You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.  There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.  We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.  It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.  And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.  As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."  (A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles", Harper Collins, 1992. From Chapter 7, Section 3
- Marianne Williamson

This quote makes me REALIZE that we are all AFRAID of success.  It increases our ACCOUNTABILITY and RESPONSIBILITY, while decreasing our PRIVACY and LIMITS our dream capacity. 

I admit... I AM AFRAID.  I am afraid that if I am as successful as I DREAM I can be, I may lose focus of what make me happy – friends, family, socializing in my community and mentorship amongst my peers.

I am AFRAID that if I ACHIEVE "my" success, I may not have enough dreams to keep me excited going forward.  I may burn out all my joy of POTENTIAL success by realizing I am in TOTAL CONTROL of whether or not I attain it.  I am afraid...

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
Have you ever ACHIEVED a success, only to think in the back of your mind, that it was not as EXCITING as you hoped?  Or that you wish it was not so EASY to attain?  Or that you did not know what to "DO" next now that you are "here?"

Success at a young age can create ENTITLEMENT issues (something I will reluctantly admit I believe I struggle with).  It can also cause you to LESSEN your fervor if the success comes too easy.

The good news is ALL OF IT is in YOUR control!!  Change your ATTITUDE and put a chip back on your shoulder.  Get (close your ears kids) PISSED OFF at the world for a few days and make it your point to "show them" what you can do.

SUCCESS is not to be FEARED, but to be SHARED.  Change the fear by helping another find their success path... and you will find your path will circle back around with them.

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::