Morning Motivator – Admitting I Was Lazy

"People are not lazy. They simply have impotent goals / that is, goals that do not inspire them."
- Anthony Robbins

This weekend I witnessed something truly AMAZING.  My wife had her basketball jersey retired at her high school.  A three-time All State Player and a Louisiana State MVP, she was recognized for her multiple state championships and contributions to her school.  Oh yeah, she is a medical doctor too.

While I know she is not one that likes ATTENTION (I hope writing about her goes over well), she did accept graciously… and REMINDED me on what I missed out.

I was athletically talented myself.  I had one problem – I was LAZY.  I didn't want to practice.  I didn't want to spend the summer training in the gym.  I didn't want to run in the off season.  I was good "enough" to play without all those things.

What I didn't know is that "good enough" only gets you to where you are TODAY.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
While I say I was LAZY, I think it is more likely that I lacked FOCUS and GOALS.  I didn't REALIZE nor seek to understand what the bigger goal was – serious college ball.  I never THOUGHT far enough ahead to consider the great opportunities that may come my way.

LAZINESS is not a character trait as much as it is a SYMPTOM of something much deeper.  When one LACKS goals and focus, they tend to wallow around, flip flop from opportunity to opportunity.  Laziness is more the swan song of a MISGUIDED soul, than a condition.

Are you setting CLEAR goals?  Do you have LASER focus?  Now is the time… otherwise, it may be 14 years later, when someone special SHOWS you what you could have been – with the right ATTITUDE.

Cheers,

Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::