Morning Motivator - Are You Too Hard On Yourself?

"And although I like to relax and have fun, my passion is my work." - Benjamin Cohen

First, my apologies for my failure to deliver the MM yesterday. The "why" is not important, just the fact that it was not delivered. My apologies.

Ok, so follow me on today's as I pull this together. Yesterday, I heard that France is in danger of losing their AAA bond rating, just as the USA did earlier this week. As I thought about it, I realized that maybe we were being to hard on the USA for losing its rating. Then, I thought, well, we probably are as professionals too. Here comes the tie together...

If France and all the other major economies (that have AA status) lose their premier bond rating, then, in actuality, we are all back to AAA. Just a lower quality. So, how does that relate to being a professional? Well, have you considered that YOU are one of the few leaders in the world that are excellent at their job or at least strive for excellence? It is hard to see that since you are surrounded with other superstars!

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP: As high achievers, we are continually striving to do better than our peers and maximize our internal vision of our potential. We are always measuring ourselves (stupidly) by "today's leader" in our pack. We NEVER give ourselves a second to relax or release any of the pressure to be TOP DOG.

What if you hung out with a bunch people that could barely hold a job, cared little or not at all about the growth of our communities and country, while seeking as many ways as possible to cheat the system? If those were the only people you knew, you would be able to take some of the pressure to be successful off...likely, you would just be like them.

The point to all this is that you are probably being too hard on yourself. IF you are giving best effort in striving to do better, be better and achieve more, then why get so upset when something does not work out? If you gave all you had, well, then what else could you have done?

In NO MEANS am I saying take a break...rather, I am saying just try giving yourself one.

Cheers,

Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::