Morning Motivator - Late But WORTH IT! (Anniversary Edition)

"Morning Motivator 6 Year Anniversary."
- Today's Google Calendar

I know I will catch slack for this being the "Morning Motivator" which is being sent in the afternoon. I must admit that I wanted to write something special and found a writers block today.

Today, August 26, is the "birthdate" of the MM and today is the 6TH ANNIVERSARY of this "adventure." Derived out of frustration with leadership and the way business was done around me, I started this as a way to help educate others while exploring issues I needed to be clearer on.

I think it has worked fairly well.

So, what is the lesson about this 6th Anniversary? Actually, a good one!!

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP: First, good things take time. I have been trying to teach, daily, via the MM for 6 years. I never set out to create a lasting tool, just help people. Now, looking back, there is a MASSIVE body of work that has been created. Some great, some forgettable, yet massive all the same.

Lesson: Small steps daily, even if perceived insignificant, will create a lasting product. You just have to take the steps.

Second, just keep pushing. You will not succeed every day over 6 years. I have been late, missed a day here and there, as well as felt the pain of epic technical failure when my phone crashes (which is how I send the MM). YET...people have stuck by. Some have come, some have gone, but many are still here...learning, sharing, exploring.

Lastly, say thank you. While this MM was a personal exploration (initially), it is because of everyone that reads it, which keeps me MOTIVATED to keep pushing to explore. I THANK YOU ALL. You motivate me to seek to motivate you. I can never repay you for what this means to me.

So... I guess since we are nearing 10 years, I might as well make it a decade of MM. Whew! Here we go...

Cheers,

Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::