Morning Motivator - Less Talk. More Walk

"The conductor of an orchestra doesn't make a sound."
- Ben Zander

Special thanks to my buddy, Aaron Smith, in Nashville, TN for this exceptional quote. You da man!!

When Aaron sent me this quote yesterday, I immediately thought back to when someone told me what my biggest problem was in serving on the Nashville Junior Chamber Board - I was all ideas and no follow through. OUCH!!

As we mature, I think we all see that we spent a lot of time being the "idea person" but never being the executioner of those ideas. That is the fallacy of youthful interjection.

Now, as a maturing professional, I find myself providing the same insight. How scary is that? Moreover, I find myself focused on execution of minimal ideas, limiting my efforts to the best ideas, while simply putting the "great ideas" in a file folder to review later.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP: It is challenging to move from ideas to action for many people - especially if you are very creative by nature.

Yet, when you need something done, something serious, do you care about how creative or cool the idea is? If you needed cancer treatment, do you want what is creatively cool or what people know can be done effectively? If you need to lose weight, do you want a trainer that is applying the latest potato only diet or the one that knows how to apply diet with exercise effectively? Do you want a President that talks about what he is going to do, or one that just does it?

You get the point.

Change from being someone who offers ideas to becoming the one that gets it done! Become proficient at getting stuff done and you will find you have more time to get creative afterwards. First homework, then Nintendo games... Thanks mom!

Cheers,

Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::