Morning Motivator - Are You on the List?

"Confront your fears, list them, get to know them, and only then will you be able to put them aside and move ahead."
- Jerry Gillies

Anyone that has received an email from me, has discovered I can only communicate in one of two ways - scrambled or concise. I do not have a nice balance, unfortunately. There is a reason why...

My mind believes does not work in "discussion," rather only in what needs to be done and what is just "chat." For me, the most effective way to communicate is by deriving a list or tasks that need accomplished. Whether that be in bullet points in an email or the lists I make on the back of junk mail envelopes daily.

I am a person that is "on the list" - like a crackhead, I am addicted to list making and executing tasks in a prioritized fashion. Total focus, everything has its time to focus on and a place to do it. (needless to say, I drive my wife, Nancy, absolutely BoNKeRs!)

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP: There is something powerful about a list though. It serves a few purposes: a physical representation of the most important tasks that need completion or delegation a way to immediately measure progress, assess success and enjoy fulfillment the most effective way to free up "mental capacity" for creativity and focus on the task at hand, not the things that need to be done.

My unknowing mentor, Andy Bailey, always would say that "Stress is the byproduct of incomplete tasks." I agree and say, "It is much easier to complete what you can see, rather than what you are trying to remember!"

GET ON THE LIST! Start using them more effectively and feel free to use the blank backs of all that crap mail you get for "free list paper" delivered to you daily!

Cheers,

Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::