Morning Motivator - Piles Are Not Organization

"I know it looks like a mess, but I know where everything is."
- Anonymous

Recently, I have been on a mission of self examination. I am increasingly looking at my bad habits and how they affect the outputs of my production. One of the my biggest challenges is "organization." Not knowing where stuff is per se, rather, actually having it quickly at my fingertips.

Technology has solved many issues as anything that is not physical is cataloged and placed in its proper folder. The online "storage" companies love me! Alas, technology can only take you so far.

What about physical bills? (yes, believe it or not, some companies do not send e-invoices) What about forms, documents and other paper items? What about your clothes? What about your to-do lists? There is an increasing amount of information and with more tools to access it -you can become overwhelmed.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP: Maybe you should just SIMPLIFY. I am not going to give the lesson on how to organize as I am struggling with it, however, I did find this info that seems to make great sense and I am using to improve personally.

The 5S Process The five steps of 5S, and their approximate English translations are: seiri (sort), seiton (straighten), seiso (shine), seiketsu (systemize), and shitsuke (sustain). 1. Seiri (Sort): Get rid of anything in your work space that is not absolutely necessary for your work. 2. Seiton (Straighten): A place for everything, and everything in its place 3. Seiso (Shine): Clean up after yourself 4. Seiketsu (Systemize): Make it a habit 5. Shitsuke (Sustain): Prevention of backsliding View the article in full here: http://gigaom.com/collaboration/the-5s-process-for-getting-organized/

Cheers,

Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::