Morning Motivator - Time

"There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue."

-Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure

What a beautiful concept relating to TIME.  We all want to "live in the moment" and today is your chance to begin doing so.  In my iPod right now is a song by Kenny Chesney called Don't Blink.  The chorus goes like this:

"Don't blink
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your "better half"
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink"

I have played this song over and over thinking how quickly I have got to 29 and how quickly I will get to 39.  Point being – everyday you have the opportunity to get the most out of life.  Do the things you say you want to, be the person you are supposed to be and don't be afraid to get "uncomfortable" to get there.

My good friend and mentor, Tandy Rice once said "I don't want to walk into the pearly gates when my life is over.  I want to run and slide in saying 'WOW! That was one hell of a ride'!"  (the day he said this it changed my life)

Make the most of today, do the things you want to do, and get uncomfortable if needed to make sure you maximize these special times. 

Zachary Barker
Business Group Manager
NationLink Wireless - "The BlackBerryGuys"
mobile | 615.207.2290

Feel like your carrier is charging too much?  Request a professional Bill Audit.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::