Morning Motivator – Do You “Want” It OR EXPECT it?!

"In life, we don't get what we want – we get what we expect."
- Chris Howard

I just listened to a speaker talk about business policy and creating the MINDSET for SUCCESS. What jumped out to me was the quote above. Often people talk about what they want… it sounds a lot like, "I wish…", "I need to…", "if only I…" yadda yadda yadda. How many people do you know that carry that sense of ENTITLEMENT though? How many EXPECT that you will speak with them or do business with them? Interestingly, that mentality seems to be a common theme amongst TOP PRODUCERS.

So why do we NOT act with expectations? Do we feel as though EXPECTING someone to do something is OFFENSIVE, PUSHY or ARROGANT? Do think that your time is less VALUABLE than that of your boss, co worker, friend, etc? Change that mentality today!! I can tell you that there are certain thing I EXPECT in my life. In the next few years I EXPECT to:
- Marry the "perfect" girl (in my eyes of course)
- Run my own successful speaking business
- Bring the Junior Chamber to Nashville prominence
- Be on pace to retire before 50 years old
- Be a civic leader in the Nashville community

Do you think I will NOT achieve any of these? What do you EXPECT for yourself?

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:

The training of your mind is the most overlooked of all developments. Most people STOP learning once they leave high school or college (some long before that). You must understand you're yourself education is what provides you with CONFIDENCE, DIRECTION and PASSION. Your commitment to self GROWTH will be the determinant in how "well" you achieve expectations in life. Here are some ideas to help you start your GROWTH commitment:

- Read 1 book per month on self development (relationships, business models, speaking, finances, etc)

- Join Toastmasters (learn to be a great communicator of ideas)

- Participate in a mentor group (be around people smarter and more experienced than you… it rubs off)

- Spend 30 minutes at night or in the morning looking at your goals (paint a vivid picture of your accomplishments… the more details, the more likely to get them)

- Keep reading the Morning Motivator and share it with friends (I wouldn't do this if I didn't think it helps… share it, your friends will appreciate the sentiment)

Your life quality is a DECISION to GROW, LEARN & LEAD… and you only have to make those changes 2 DEGREES at a time!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::