Morning Motivator - Failure Takes Commitment

"You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space."
-Johnny Cash

Typically, I pride myself on the consistency by which I EXECUTE my days. I focus on keeping commitments, over communicating and always doing the right thing even when it feels bad. Occasionally, we all FAIL.

Yesterday, I was committed to running a triathlon with one of my best friends. He TRAINED hard and was very much prepared for the event. I FAILED ever really commit to training or mental to any preparation. He was super EXCITED to push himself and test his FOCUS in this new event. I was weighed down by the FEAR of failure and injury from ill preparedness.

I, admittedly, am not a PERFECT person and do FAIL. Yesterday, I FAILED to compete. I allowed FEAR and EMBARRASSMENT to overtake myself. I did not run, I did not attempt to compete and I failed my friend that I had committed to participating with.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
I SHARE this today to help YOU understand that FAILURE starts when you do not COMMIT yourself to the actions you plan for. FAILURE is not a moment in time, it's a culmination of decisions you made over days, weeks, months or even years. In this case, my FAILURE began the day after I signed up for the event and did not begin training.

The KEY to overcoming these failures is to COMMIT to excellence, SCHEDULE time for development and MEASURE your progress. When you are able to see the fruits of your labor, you will KEEP motivation and find the ease of SUCCESS!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com



The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::