Morning Motivator - Get Out of Their Way!

"The best executive is the one who has enough sense to pick good people to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

Last night I sat down and had a chat with one of my Junior Chamber Board members and discussed the pressures of leadership. The discussion encompassed personal and professional leadership and what we FEEL are the appropriate mind sets to have when seeking to EXECUTE effectively.

During the chat, I shared my thoughts on my STYLE of leadership. I am one that has determined that I am not able to be the BEST at everything (although it doesn't keep me from driving myself nuts trying to be). From this, I understand I will need to RELY on trusted partners to help execute the actions I want to see implemented. I shared this thought: "I know that every day I want to ACHIEVE the most possible... that's a lot of pressure. Yet, if I engage people that are BETTER than me and get the hell out of their way... WE can achieve it all and do it faster. The KEY is me trusting you to do your job."

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
We all have a FINITE amount of resources - Mental capacity, Energy, Time, Money, Strength, etc. By seeking to ALIGN people with similar goals, you can leverage the amount of resources available to accomplish similar goals.

If you know someone is seeking to explore the opportunity of starting a business and they are GREAT at accounting (while you are not), consider a partnership of sorts. Determine the best way you can maximize your SKILL SET to match theirs and find an EASIER way to do more with less.

Once you find the right people, compliments to your strengths, ENGAGE them with a plan, take the ACTION steps needed... and get out of their way!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com



The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::