Morning Motivator – Feed Your Ego

"Everything I do, I feel is genius. Whether it is or it isn't."
-Rufus Wainwright

Some of the people closest to me are aware that I have been doing a lot of psychological research and EXPLORATION lately. Specifically, LEARNING more about myself – strengths, weaknesses, beliefs and fears. For me, this has been a eye opening EXPERIENCE, as taking a few weeks to learn more about myself has presented me with a few great DISCOVERIES. I will share these over the next days.

Some of these things may be difficult to understand and I assure you, more difficult to SHARE – but I think it is important to learn from others. Hence, one of the DISCOVERIES I have made is one of a personality trait I have RESISTED and sought to CHANGE in myself for a long time – my desire to fuel my CONFIDENCE aka feed my EGO. I am a person that is DRIVEN more by confidence than most other people. I often make a reference to existence of "my MOJO" and how it has the ability to spawn BRILLIANCE and EXCELLENCE in my work.

Part of learning about ourselves and what makes us EXCELLENT is learning that our greatest STRENGTH is often our greatest WEAKNESS. For me, a LACK of confidence will cause a slip in performance, questioning of my relationships and a general negative outlook towards myself. On the other side, a surplus of confidence can sometimes be perceived as ARROGANCE or an overload of EXUBERANCE. What I KNOW of myself is that when I am CONFIDENT – I am EXCELLENT and PRECISE. When I am excellent – I am able to HELP others more EFFECTIVELY. When others are helped – everyone is more HAPPY. Isn't it worth the INVESTMENT to feed the machine that fuels you if you can use it to help others?

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:

As we learn what DRIVES our pleasures, fears and success, we are presented with a CHOICE. You can choose to ACCEPT the person that you are – the good and the bad – and use your STRENGTHS to better the lives of others. Or you can CHOOSE to focus on eliminating your WEAKNESSES and spend your time self critical of what you are doing WRONG. One will allow freedom, the other pain.

For me, I believe that a FOCUS on POSITIVITY will provide you with much more fulfillment and enjoyment. If that means having an OVERDOSE of what makes you great – WHO CARES! Use your GOD given talents, do not allow others to AFFECT your confidences and keep FOCUSED on what you KNOW to be the right things. When you act in ways that DRIVE your BEST attributes, you will find that people will love you, respect you and desire to be around you. Don't be afraid to FEED your (insert best trait here)!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::