Morning Motivator - Just Be

"In the race to be better and best, we sometimes lose sight of just being."
- M. Anderson

What did you NOTICE on your drive into work today? Did you see flowers BLOOMING along the interstate? How about the NEW paint on that old building? Did you see the flock of birds SOARING overhead?

Want to know what I NOTICED? Nothing. I watched the road BEFORE me, the cars NEAR me for danger and occasionally "glanced" at my BlackBerry®.

I BELIEVE this to be a metaphor for life in general. What OPPORTUNITIES are we missing out on because we are always working at BREAK NECK speed? Family, friends, new experiences, etc. What are we REALLY losing?

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
If you were able to FIND 1 extra hour per week to "Just Be" - what would you do with it?

Write that down on a piece of paper. Post that paper above your desk.

This upcoming week, pick a day, come to work early and leave early... Then go "Just Be." Sure, you have to come in early, but let me know how you FEEL when you get to "Just Be" for an hour.

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::