Morning Motivator – Winning at the SIMPLEST Level

"Complexity creates a maze between you and success. Simplicity ensures a clear line of sight."
-Lee J. Colan, Power Exchange

Today is my second at a trade show in Nashville, Tennessee. We are COURTING the CPA's of this area to talk about technology and business processes. Getting a CPA to stop and chat about their internal finances, technology and workflows can be TOUGH.

Want to know how I do it? I ask them to play GOLF.

GOLF?? Yes. Golf. I have found this EASY little "scratch off" game that we use at our trade show booth. You scratch the holes, get a score and lowest overall score WINS! So what does that have to do with IT, finance or workflow… NOTHING! That's the point.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
For me, I realize that NOW may not be the best time to talk about those triggers. They may not be in the right mindset, have the information, or just feel comfy enough to chat.

Instead, they are open to winning a prize, chatting lightly about the weather and blah blah blah… Thus, we FOCUS on just that!! Having fun and keeping it light.

The SIMPLEST level of access I want is just a contact and the right to follow up with you. I don't need to sell it here, nor do I EXPECT to. I just want your PERMISSION to follow up.

The lesson here is that by FOCUSING on the most simple result will YIELD the highest gains.

Now ask yourself – what do you NEED at the most simple level to get to YOUR goals?

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::