Morning Motivator - Are You a Quality Product?

"Education is the only place where students become your products."
- Anonymous

Someone asked me this week how MANY books I have read this year. We shared our numbers and discussed WHY we commit to reading so many books. I found the discussion REFRESHING as there was a shared belief- SELF EDUCATION.

Last night, I was at a meeting of the "secret society" of Leadership Nashville and OVERHEARD the above quote. I PONDERED what the meaning was as I thought about who might make such a statement. It turns out the person that made it is an EDUCATOR. The association was RELATING to schools and their "end products" - the work ready student.

Good point, I thought. Then I CONSIDERED my role in my own life as a PERPETUATOR of my own education and success. I wondered, "Am I churning out a good end product?" "Am I DEDICATING the proper amount of time and resources to my continued education, such that I am able to INCREASED the QUALITY of me, as a business, community and leadership product?" I also wonder if others are...

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
IF you are concerned about the QUALITY of your character, professionalism, reputation and leadership, may I suggest INCREASING your education? You will find it quite simple to do actually. Here are a few EASY ways that you can ENHANCE your education...

1. ENROLL in "Mobile University": Download audio books and training materials to your iPod or burn to a CD. There are A LOT of hours for expert training to be had while driving to and fro

2. Join a SUPPORT Group: Not a 12 step program, rather a BUDDY system. Find others that SHARE your interests and read the book together, meeting weekly to discuss. (You can learn a lot from other interpretations of the same content)

3. Find an EXPERT: If you don't have a mentor already, you may need a wet noodle BEATING... GET A MENTOR! The best education is LEARNING from someone of higher quality, success and achievement than you are (at least at this point). * Remember the worst player on the team has the most opportunity to IMPROVE; the best has very little...

You have all the tools, just take them and make them work for you. When you DEDICATE yourself to being a better "product," you will find that everything around grows in QUALITY as well!

As part of my CONTINUED commitment to accountability, today is my weight check in: 226.9lbs, Last Friday: 225.5lbs, Delta: +1.4lbs (stay away from award dinners)

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::