Morning Motivator - The Linebacker Playing Quarterback

"Give me a break! I'm doing the best I can..."
- Zach Barker on Monday night

This fall season, I have filled in as my football teams quarterback. This has been a WONDERFUL and CHALLENING experience physically, as well as intellectually.

I also LEARNED something things very applicable to business.

First, having MODERATE skills in a specialized area can be more important than EXCELLENT skills in all the others not being used. Secondly, leadership is not POSITIONAL, it is personal. Lastly, teamwork can OVERCOME a deficiency of TALENT.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
As a high school linebacker, I received very LITTLE passing training. However, my team has been without a quarterback ALL season.

In times of NEED, it is IMPERATIVE that someone step up and take the lead. More IMPORTANTLY is that TEAMS find the right "players" to fill the needed roles.

Remember, as a LEADER and MANAGER, you MUST find the right players to fill the critical roles of your team. Putting the "best person available" in that spot will NEVER be as EFFECTIVE as the "right person."

As you CONSIDER your success strategy, ask yourself: "Are your linebackers playing quarterback on YOUR team??"

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::