Morning Motivator - What the Hell is Happy??

"Happy is not a state of being, its an emotion. So now what?"
- Unknown

Are you HAPPY? Seriously, what the HELL does that even mean??

Let us be logical and analyze "HAPPY." It is not a "state of being," rather it is a feeling similar to fear, elation and boredom. It is not something that can be ATTAINED by actions or decisions. It is a FLEETING emotional experiences... so what should you be trying to ACHIEVE??

FULFILLMENT is a much better term to replace that of "happy."

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
Find someone that is a recovered drug addict, a former CEO turned nature guide, a young professional that has been appointed to a non-profit board. Would you say any of them are "happy?" Maybe, maybe not.

Take the same recovered drug addict that now COUNSELS others onto the "better path." Would you say they FIND happiness in their work? How about the CEO that has finally fulfilled their child hood dream? Think they miss the HUGE salary and limited hours of personal joy? The young professional that has finally gained RESPECT by achieving their board seat... are they "happy and ready to settle?" Likely not. Yet they are fulfilled by the fact they are making a RESPECTED contribution to their community.

At my college GRADUATION, I was happy. The next day, I began setting my NEXT goals... seeking a new fulfillment. Sure, I am a "happy person," yet I am NOT ready to settle, nor am I happy "enough" to satisfy myself.

Frankly, I don't care if I am happy or not. Give me PURPOSE and FULFILLMENT. I will take my chances that positive emotions will result as a byproduct of that work. What does "happy" mean to you??

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::