Morning Motivator – Learn by Teaching 

"We learn by teaching."
- Proverb 

I would like to make more MONEY.  I would like to have more FREE TIME.  I would like to be able to EXPLORE more.  My challenge is that I am not an EXPERT in the ways of creating money or time, nor am I a GREAT explorer.  

My NEW challenge is to find a "best way" to learn enough about these areas to be able to ACHIEVE my goals… and I BELIEVE I have found a way. 

Teaching is one of the GREATEST learning experiences available.  You are FORCED into researching your interests deep enough that you have an understanding such that you can transfer the knowledge to others.  Additionally, as with any learning for teaching, you will become AWARE of the nuances within the skill and learn ways to leverage or customize your approach.  By teaching, you begin on the path of MASTERING the skill set, while allowing the students you teach (who may know more than you in areas) to aid in your development. 

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
Teaching is about finding a "comparative advantage" amongst others and sharing your "niche expertise" with those individuals.  You do not have to be a PhD professor to teach someone. 

Have you ever been surfing?  I have been many, many times while living in San Diego.  While I am not Kelly Slater (world surfing champion), I am still the expert in a room of people that have never surfed or only surfed a few times.  My KNOWLEDGE is greater than theirs, thus my ability to serve as a TEACHER in high. 

If you really want to learn about something, make a COMMITMENT to teach others.  Within your company, ask people to research SOCIAL MEDIA and report at the end of the month.  Assign a team to create a new marketing campaign for CONSIDERATION by senior management. 

The efforts these assignments will CREATE will yield great teaching, learning, experience and leadership…  So, what can you TEACH me??  

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::