Morning Motivator – Give FREE Away for FREE or Do Not Bother...

"This page is hosted free, courtesy of GoDaddy.com"
thebarkloudgroup.com site header

Last night, my new site, thebarkloudgroup.com posted to the web for LIVE testing and functionality workflow review prior to an official announcement.  In looking at it, I could not help but to share what has happened. 

In viewing the site, you will notice an inch header at the top that DETRACTS from everything about the site, eliminates any credibility and plainly looks poor on my behalf.   As a loyal and continually active GoDaddy.com client, I ASSUMED that when they offered me a FREE upgrade to no cost hosting, it was a RESULT of my excellence as a client and I would get what I had PAID for prior.  WRONG…

My point is, if your BUSINESS is going to give away something FREE… GIVE IT AWAY!  Do not add a bunch of hooks, small print or stipulations.  It creates NEGATIVITY in the relationship and ultimately appears DECEITFUL, as the offer was never FREE to start.  Agree??

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
I plan to leave this up "as is" for today, then by late tonight, the hosting will CHANGE, to eliminate the ads atop the page.  I am not ANGRY with GoDaddy in a manner that will keep me from using their service.  I am a little more AWARE though…

Your service or product is what people REMEMBER.  Sure they like you and yes they will likely use you on relationship alone.  HOWEVER, if you start creating mistrust with "gimmicks," that relationship may change.

As a lesson, had GoDaddy been UPFRONT about the ads being atop the page with the "complimentary hosting service," I would not have been upset.  I would have then had the INFORMATION needed to make a proper decision for myself.

Be HONEST.  Be UPFRONT.  And if you cannot afford to GIVE it away for FREE – don't act like it!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to - http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication.  The use of this article is open for print or republication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::