Morning Motivator – I AM LISTENING…

"Your ego will want to keep you from listening.  Combat it.  When it is most difficult to listen is when it is most important."
- Zach Barker

I have to brag one of my best friends, Philip Steen, owner of Nashville Sports Leagues.  Over the past years, we have been good buddies and recently decided to go into business together.  It was this decision that made me REALIZE what a genius and great friend he really is.

Phil has a GIFT.  He is an analytical intellectual.  Since he owns a sports league, you may NOT think him to be the scholarly type, however, I know he READS more and is better INFORMED on the applications of social media, social integration and operational application than anyone that comes to mind, including Seth Godin.  Here is where it gets cool…

I want to be a process driven, organizational expert.  Alas, I am not.  It is not in my DNA.  I am truly a "Barker" (look up its original meaning).  My gift is creating buzz, driving action from groups and maximizing the benefits of interpersonal relationships.  If only I had Phil's gift too…

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
… and I DO.

As resources to one another, much like a co-worker, a mentor or a friend, I have access to Phil MASTERFUL knowledge base and he to mine.  His skill sets COMPLIMENT mine and between the two we have the ability to bring in large volumes of opportunity, while having the proper workflows and procedural measures to MANAGE the exponential crush.

The key is… I AM LISTENING to him.  Even when he goes a bit over my head or I am not as versed as he in a subject.  Still, I AM LISTENING.  Taking notes and working hard to keep up.  I AM LISTENING.

Every so often, you will be given a gift in a relationship.  You will be CHALLENGED to work harder to maximize its benefit.  Yet, if you LISTEN, you may just find that all the benefit is worth all the EFFORT required.

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::