Morning Motivator - When Will I Get Lucky?

"Ill never give up for I may have a streak of luck before I die."
- Thomas Edison, July 26, 1869

This is a republication from a few years back, but in reading it… I felt it was GREAT for today!!

Ok ok...First of all, get your minds out of the gutter! Today's MM is all about the combination of PERSISTENCE and PATIENCE.

Many people, myself most notably, do not have a great deal of PATIENCE. I am an ACTION guy. I would rather DO than research. I would rather PARTICIPATE than wait my turn on the sidelines. Additionally, I am a CONTROL FREAK. I want to be able to control my next 5 minutes, 5 days and most of all, the next 5 years! Maybe this is a good thing...

I believe that most of us, as LEADERS, would tend to see more ACTION and less talk. I do know that PERSISTENCE in action is what often lends to what people term as their "lucky break." You hear stories of musicians that spent years playing dive bars until 3am to crowds of 25 people, then one Tuesday night, a recording rep stumbles in after a party and finds the NEXT BIG THING. It would seem that had that musician "taken a day off" or allowed themselves to become DEFEATED by the lack of progress, they would have missed their BIG BREAK. When is your big break coming? You don't know. How do you make sure you get it? That, I believe, you do know...

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
A common misconception is that you must be available all the time in every situation to catch your break. Hogwash! (yes, I said hogwash)

Your GOAL is to place yourself in situations that provide you with the greatest OPPORTUNITY and EXPOSURE to the end results you are seeking. If you want to know many people, become the President of a group. If you want to gain RESPECT for your ideas around finance, start a blog for other financiers to participate in. If you want to be a musician - see above.

Your "lucky break" is nothing more than your efforts, strategic placement and opportunity colliding like two run away trains... now just imagine the FORCE you will carry when you get there.

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::