Morning Motivator – Losing is for Winners

"I love winning, I can take the losing, but most of all I love to play."
- Boris Becker

"DAMN!  Lost a huge deal… what a loser!"  NOTE:  DO NOT EVER SAY THAT TO YOURSELF.

Losing is INEVITABLE in any game – sports, love or business.  Losing is a GUISE for what really occurs within a loss.  Yes, there is LEARNING.  Yet more importantly, there is a WIN one step closer.

The best of the best understand something that many others do not… LOSING is the key to WINNING.

While you would love to win every time you go to work or step on the field, it is not only unlikely, but truly impossible.  Even fighters with perfect records have lost in the lifetime.  Even Charlie Sheen has lost before he started "Bi-Winning."  So who cares if you lost one…?

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
True PROFESSIONALS love the battle.  The win is a sign of their exceptional preparation and a mix of luck.  The loss is the DRIVER for future success – no matter the situation.

Personally, I may be the world's WORST loser.  I pout, I bitch, I moan and I complain… then I go home, get fired up and start plotting how to WIN next time.  I have accepted that I will have to lose more than I WIN, but I will NEVER accept a loss with celebration.  (ask my wife, she will gladly tell you)

LOSING is part of WINNING.  It hurts, but it happens.  Use it to FUEL your fire, then go out and WIN, WIN, WIN!!!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::