Morning Motivator - When "Busy" Makes a Failure

"I have no one to blame but myself..."
- Zachary Barker

Do you know what HAPPENS when you fail to plan?  You know it... Plan to Fail.

Yesterday, amidst a phone FAILURE and a pressing project being due, I failed to plan enough time to execute the MM.  Actually, in retrospect, this wan not a bad thing, as it allows me to point out my personal failures for the learning betterment of MM readers. 

Understand that "BUSY" is always going to be a part of your life.  It will ARISE during the worst possible times (actually you arr just hypersensitive during times of stress, it actually happens all the time) and challenge your FORTITUDE.  Busy will seek to DISTRACT you from your responsibilities and seek to derail your best efforts to achieve high productivity.

So how does one keep from allowing busy to be a leech of success?

2 Degree Success Step:
My lovely wife likes to get after me about the OBSESSIVE nature I have for list making. I have multiple lists in multiple places keeping notes on multiple things.  Yet, typically, I execute all of them in a very effective manner.  It is my way of making sure I stay FOCUSED on what is most important and in what order.

You may have alternative ways of keeping track of what needs to be done and when it beds to be done.  might I suggest that when "BUSY" jumps up and slaps on you in the mouth, you REVERT to "your" tactic and focus solely on managing that process (again, for me, it is written lists on the back of envelops).

By focusing your efforts into your most basic and consistent management format, you will be able to achieve a high comfort level during a time of discomfort. 

I am VERY interested in the processes, tools and manners in which you ensure you execute during a high time of "busy activities."  Send me your thoughts and systems, then I will do a follow up MM on some of the best ways for people to stay on top of things during the most difficut of times.

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::