Morning Motivator - Wish Smarter!

"Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom."
~ Jim Rohn

I was looking for a spark when I found this quote and - BOOM - instant inspiration! Amazing huh?

More than anything, I have noticed myself "wishing" for more time, better organizational skills, and the right connections. Then, as I think about it more, I realized I am being a HUGE EXCUSE MONSTER. Wish?! Seriously? What the hell is a wish going to do?

What needs to happen here is ACTION. What needs to happen is problem solving at the highest levels. What needs to happen is a real face-to-face with myself about what needs to be done and who is best suited to get it done!

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP: Interestingly, I know EXACTLY who needs to get it done. Someone else! Yes, I said someone else...as in NOT ME. But why?

For me it is a simple answer. My skill set is optimized when I am focused on building relationships with social and political leaders, selling them my ideas and concepts for supportive action. WHOA! What the heck does that mean? It means I am very good at empowering groups to take actions. What I am not good at is paperwork, organizing files, detailed follow up of individual niche issues and other time eaters. I am best when I am able to make maximum impact with individuals that represent a larger number of people. So, why would I wish for more organizational skills when I should be out HIRING someone that is exceptional already.

The lesson I see here is that when we "wish" for something, IMMEDIATELY look at what you are wishing for, examine whether it is something you WANT to learn or do, if it is something you should be spending your time on and if you could easily "wish it away" by delegating.

At the end of the day (now I sound like a coach), I should be out selling, meeting and driving action. Then being wise enough to have someone help me do the rest...and I do not have to WISH for help when I can hire it.

Cheers,

Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com

The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::