Morning Motivator – The Secret of My Confidence

"Talking much about oneself may be a way of hiding oneself"
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Yesterday, I was able to enjoy 2 discussions with 2 different people about themselves and myself. From those, I realized that I may not be sharing "myself" enough in the Morning Motivator. Hence, I give you my story on CONFIDENCE.

For those that know me, a frequented comment may be, "you seem very confident and focused." I tell you that I am very good at SEEMING that way. Truth of the matter is that I am a very INSECURE person that has a great deal of personal CHALLENGES around self confidence, self image, and a horrible fear of acceptance. I, like many others, have found creative ways to provide a PERCEPTION of the "right things" so as not be exposed (busted huh?).

The core premise of this Morning Motivator is to share with you that it is OK to be FEARFUL, LACK CONFIDENCE and be SELF INTIMIDATED. We all are… and that's why we GROW ourselves – mind, body, heart and spirit. It is our drive to EXCEL that allows us to overcome these challenges and transform into the SUCCESSFUL person we are destined to become. I hope the Morning Motivator helps you achieve this goal… the fact you read it is helping me achieve mine.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:

I don't have a GREAT next step for you here other than to share with you how I am overcoming my challenges. I have created a process to manage them and begin to overcome them:

1. Have a "heart to heart" with yourself and write down the challenges that hold you back

2. Identify what the WORST case scenario would be if you take NO action, then the BEST case scenario

3. Take the IMMEDIATE first action that day… (hence the Morning Motivator "out of the blue" one day)

4. Share your FEARS with trusted advisors (friends, family, mentors) – talking about fears exposes them for what they are

5. Share your SUCCESSES with friends – build your support team

6. Push your PASSIONS - the best way to overcome your fears is by tackling them with your confidences.

As I said, my hope is that the sharing of myself via the Morning Motivator is something that will continue to help you grow, learn and lead. Know that you are not alone and that I am happy to share time with you, should you feel that I can help. Have a great week!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::