Morning Motivator – Eat Your Fears, Live Your Dreams

"Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true."
- Leon Joseph Cardinal Suenens

This weekend I experienced something I am not sure I will every experience again… the FIRST taste of LIVING my dream! I was asked to provide a speech by a friend of mine, Ms. Jordan Garrison, to speak to a group when a prior speaker was unable to make this OPPORTUNITY.

On Friday night, I provided the keynote inspirational speech to over 2000 attendees of the opening ceremonies to the Tennessee Special Olympics, which was directed by Ms. Garrison exceptionally. My topic: "Don't let your dreams be dreams." Very fitting, I would say, as speaking professionally is my personal AND professional DREAM. From my experience that night, I want you to know that whatever FEARS you may have about ACHIEVING your dreams are just MENTAL obstacles you create to keep yourself from facing FAILURE.

I realized Friday night, as I faced this massive group (keep in mind I have never spoke to more than 100 people prior), that I was EXPERIENCING one of the most EXCITING moments in life up to that point. I understood that I was GRACED with a tremendous opportunity to SHARE my passions and dreams with others and help them find their own. I stood before the group, NERVOUS, a touch SICK to my stomach from ANXIETY and a part of me wanting simply to RUN AWAY… but when the time came to STEP UP and MAKE IT HAPPEN – I did it. And it was everything I could hope for and more… a true SUCCESS.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:

I share this experience to say – don't let YOUR dreams be dreams! The FEARS you feel are TEMPORARY and WITHOUT SUBSTANCE. The EXHILARATION of overcoming those FEARS to find success is so deeply SATISFYING you will be moved with emotion.

I want to be very clear also that I am not someone that has GREAT talent or superior INTELLIGENCE. I am no more BRAVE than anyone that reads this. I am just like you… a simple person, with a simple dream. The only difference at this point is I can say I have taken ACTION towards the next big step of ACHIEVING my dreams… now, my friends, will you?

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::