Morning Motivator - How Far Are You Willing To Go?

"The edge….there is no honest way to explain it because the only ones who know where it is…have gone over it"
-Hunter S. Thompson

I really like this quote as I believe there is an element of MYSTERY within. When I read this, I WONDER - how many people have the GUTS to go to the EDGE? Do I have them?

What is "the EDGE?" Where does it end and how will I know when I get there? Interesting enough, I would say I HAVE been to the edge. What did it mean to me?

In my EXPERIENCE, the edge is the point at which your HEART and your HEAD force you take ACTION that you BODY is FEARFUL to move on. It's the point at which the GAINS and the RISKS seem so high and the ANXIETY or FEARS seem so big. It's the point at which you give up CONTROL for the OPPORTUNITY to do more, be more, achieve more. Have you been to the EDGE? Are you ready to go there?

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
This concept is underlined with the idea of PRESSING YOUR LIMITS to achieve greater accomplishments than you might in a "traditional" sense. When you consider your work - are you PRESSING your abilities such that you make others better or jealous of your drive? In a relationship - are you GIVING yourself wholly without regard for your potential HURT, in an effort to MAXIMIZE the potential of that bond? In your health - are you working the extra 10 minutes on the treadmill, when you are EXHAUSTED and your muscles burn, with the sole intent of losing that last 5 pounds?

Just beyond the EDGE is where GREATNESS is found. Many people will walk to the edge, glance over it and then step back out of FEAR. My thoughts for you... if you have walked all the way up the mountain to the EDGE, what is one more step? It may be the most OUTSTANDING thing you ever do... try it.

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com



The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::