Morning Motivator – The Dream Machine

"Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so you shall become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil."
-James Allen

Last night, after a full day of learning what overcoming FEAR and realizing what PASSION is (see yesterdays Morning Motivator), I met with a past client of mine to discuss life and the pursuit of PURPOSE in a career. I found the chat to be very INSIGHTFUL as something happened that had not happened before…

The person I was sitting with said, "I want to help you with your dream. Here is what I need you to do." WOW!! Seriously?!? This person, whom has little to no vested interest, is going to ASSIST me in finding the RESOURCES needed to achieve my dream. Why I wonder? What makes this individual WANT to help me achieve this? What drives someone to provide the support that goes beyond a vote of confidence into ACTION?

I believe I know part of the answer – people want to be part of something BIGGER than themselves. Additionally, I BELIEVE that a clarity in your dream allows others to BELIEVE in them and VISUALIZE their participation in them. It has taken me a long time and if you ask me about my dream – I can speak to you in DETAIL about it. Are you able to do the same? What do you tell people when they ask you about your ONE big dream? Are you able to detail it with colors, tastes, smells and touch? Are you able to see it in your mind, just as it were REAL today? Do you think you should?

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:

I, admittedly, am a DREAMER. A person that always FANTASIZES about the future and the great things that I WILL achieve down the road. As a dreamer, be WARY of the common trap – too much dreaming and not enough DOING. (Dreamers are now collectively nodding their heads).

The FIRST key step in achieving your dream is to clearly identify the emotional details of accomplishment. Take time to VISUALIZE what it will appear as, what it will FEEL like, what SCENTS will be around you and what sounds your will HEAR. This process creates the same mental pattern as accomplishment. Your brain is not CAPABLE of separating that reality from what you input and thus your mind will SEEK processes to accomplish those emotions.

As a final step – choose ONE (and only one) simple FIRST STEP to take. It may be to buy a book or call someone. Do the one most SIMPLE tasks, then reassess and repeat. And ALWAYS ask for help – there are plenty of people out there that want to support your dream!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::