Morning Motivator – The GOOD Life

"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge"
- Bertrand Russell

I find it AMAZING where we find our inspiration and motivation daily. Today, on my way to work, I was listening to one of my favorite artists, Kanye West, and his song, Good Life. In listening, I began to REFLECT on what the GOOD LIFE is and whether or not I was living it. Here is what I have come up with thus far…

Last night, I attended my first session of a PRESTIGIOUS leadership program in Nashville. Interestingly, I found that I am closer in age to most of my classmate's children than I am to them. Obviously, that creates an ANXIOUS and AWKWARD situation as the "baby" of the group and as the sole "voice" of the NEXT generation of leadership in the community. As I began conversing with my classmates, I found that our DIFFERENCES are relatively small. How do this relate to the GOOD LIFE you ask?

For me, I BELIEVE that the GOOD LIFE is the collection of simple pleasures you have daily with a dash of appreciation for your capability to enjoy them. Do I live the GOOD LIFE? Sure! I enjoy the GOOD LIFE – helping a friend get a new job (congrats Mackenzie!), sneaking 30 minutes at lunch minutes to enjoy time with someone you care about, listening to music full blast in my truck with the windows down and my feet on the dash, even watching LSU football while enjoying a cold drink (I'm being converted to a tiger). You are damn right… I live the GOOD LIFE!

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
MONEY, POWER, PRESTIGE, RESPECT are all very cool things and yet, amongst these C-Level executives, community leaders and Nashville "legacies", were people who LOVED music, art, family, fishing, golf, college football and the occasional adult tasty beverage. I uncovered that these POWERFUL leaders were JUST LIKE ME. As ANXIOUS as I am about the future and success, I find the people that are where I seek to be, still want what I do…

They want TIME to enjoy their loved ones, FREEDOM to explore their passions, SECURITY to feel confident in their actions and COMMUNITY to enjoy the betterment of their fellow man.

Take today and enjoy the GOOD LIFE. Do something that REPRESENTS the GOOD LIFE to you- a nice dinner, watching your favorite sports team, walking in your neighborhood or even just sitting with a loved one enjoying their company. It's YOUR good life… ENJOY IT. The future will be there tomorrow, I promise.

Have a GREAT weekend!!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::