Morning Motivator – What Do You REALLY Want?

"Those who restrain their desires, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."
-William Blake

I feel very FORTUNATE that many people seem to trust me with their dreams and passions. I hear MANY stories about what people REALLY want to do and what their life would be like "if." Yet, many of those same people (including me) wake up every day and go to the SAME job, take the SAME actions and dream the SAME dreams of what they "REALLY" want.

What is keeping you from your DREAMS? What OBSTACLES are in the way of your dream career, relationship, body, etc? What does your DREAM (fill in the blank) look like? Taste like? Feel like? Smell like? In the noted discussions from above, I have found that MOST people have dreams… but they lack the SUBSTANCE of that dream to allow them CLARITY to define next steps. Let me explain further…

I often hear – "I want to own my own company!" I say, "Great, what will you do? How much money do you need? Where will it be located? Who will you provide a product or service to?" Often the response is, "I don't know. I just want to own my own company." I can DETAIL why that person does NOT own their own company… the DREAM lacks passion, clarity and substance. There is NOTHING there except a statement and a dream of a better life. If you want a better body – what steps do you need to take to get there? If you want a more loving relationship – how will you know what to do? When you DECIDE you really want something… you will be AMAZED at how easy the next steps become defined for you.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
We all DREAM of a better life – more money, a career we love, someone that makes us feel amazing, ripped abs, etc. Interestingly, MOST of us are content with dreaming about it. Mainly, because you either don't really care about it (and say you do) or you are unclear where to go next with the idea.

To get through the mental block: Write down what you "want" on a piece of paper. Next to it, write down the way you would FEEL once you achieve that goal. If those feelings are strong enough to pursue, write down what IMMEDIATE sacrifices you must make to begin. Still feel comfortable and willing to pursue? Then write down the next steps you must take for 45 days –make them specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time bound. Still "want" it?!

If so – you now know what to do. Go get it!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::