Morning Motivator – A Choice to Grow...

"It is self-evident that businesses, like people, are supposed to grow; and with growth, comes change."
- Michael E. Gerber, Author of "The E-Myth"

I have gone through an outstanding personal REVELATION – I realized I am quite IGNORANT! Seriously, I don't know half the stuff I thought I did… and the other half is GARBAGE. So what am I going to DO to change that?

I have realized that the ONLY action I can take to change my ignorance level is SELF –EDUCATION (or in other words, READING). Yes, I AM suggesting an INCREASE in reading and studies. As I have begun this TRANSFORMATION of value, I have observed and learned a few things immediately. First, most people are "just spinning their wheels", never SEEKING much more in life than they have; or if they are, it is only if it requires LITTLE effort. Secondly, most businesses are EXACTLY the same… because of the people running them!

Fortunately, I work with VISIONARIES. They see the need to EXPLORE, CHALLENGE and GROW as people and as a business. I wonder why more companies don't SEEK the same. Many want simply to achieve a GOAL. They seek to cross some finish line and then go into MAINTENANCE mode. Think of a young person GRADUATING from college and going into the "real world." What a SLAP in the face when they realize that the easy work was getting out of school. Ironically, the business leader BELIEVES that achieving a sales number is the GOAL. Once achieved, what happens when you get there? How do you MAINTAIN without pushing your limits, knowledge or general comfort zone?

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
Do you want to be SUCCESSFUL? Do you want to LIVE your dreams? Are you SEEKING a life of fulfillment and purpose?

Here is the SECRET most people don't know (or don't care to recognize)… your personal GROWTH is directly proportionate to your overall SUCCESS. When you STOP learning, trying, pushing yourself, setting goals, and so on… you begin DYING (the simple opposite of growth).

Most psychologists and physicians will AGREE that you are in one of two states at any given time – GROWING or DYING. Just like your muscles, if you are not working on making them STRONGER, they are working on becoming WEAKER. So is your MIND and SUCCESS. IMPORTANT FACT: You have a choice of SUCCESS (growth) or FAILURE (apathy).

So, when you are CHALLENGED today… what will you choose?

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::