Morning Motivator - My Perfect Record

"The man who makes no mistakes, does not usually make anything."
-William Magee

I remember a conversation years back with my mentor, Bill Long, about my SUCCESS as a Young Professional. He asked me, "how many times have you truly failed at something?" My PRIDEFUL response, thinking I was answering so perfectly, was "really? Never that I can think of." What he said next STUNNED me...

His next words were, "Then you are failing in life because you are not trying hard enough." (Ouch!)

At first, I was PISSED! Then, I mellowed, considered his advice and determined he was CORRECT. I never failed because I had yet put myself OUT far enough to fail. I wondered WHY?

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
Inherently, we assess our self-value on SUCCESS patterns. These triumphs BUILD our confidence, provide us with a sense of CONTROL and a belief that we can SHAPE our future.

So why would we NOT protect our EGO's from failure? No one wants to FEEL like a failure.

But if you NEVER challenge yourself and TRY to push your limits... are you REALLY successful??

Remember, the swan song of a COWARD is the arrogant chant... "I have never failed."

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::