Morning Motivator - Tell Me What I Can't Do

"Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again."
- James R. Cook

Have you ever been CHALLENGED by someone telling you what you are CAPABLE of? How did you REACT? What were your MOTIVATION levels afterwards?

For me, I have a COMPETITIVE nature at my core... plus a little "chip on my shoulder." I will admit that I do, on occasion, carry a BAD attitude as well. Thus, I LOVE when someone tells me what I cannot do...

Like many others, I CHOOSE to take certain actions and not others. They are my CHOICE, not my limitations. Sadly, people tend to mistake what you DO or DO NOT, with what you are CAPABLE of... aka your LIMITATIONS.

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
The INTERESTING thing about being CHALLENGED by someone else is the RESPONSE you achieve when you prove them wrong.

By EXECUTING in a fashion that undermines their belief system in your capabilities, you are QUIETLY yet FORCEFULLY, creating your reputation amongst those whom disbelieve.

Why is that IMPORTANT? When others know you are WILLING and CAPABLE to overcome any challenge... your LEADERSHIP capabilities and RESPECT amongst followers instantly merge.

You BECOME the person everyone THINKS you can be and they rarely doubt your ABILITIES thereafter.

So, let them tell what you can't do... Then PROVE you can and shut their mouth!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::