Morning Motivator – Are You a Habitual Toothbrush "Abandoner?"

"In any enterprise, your perspiration will be inversely proportional to your preparation."
-Scott Sorrell

While I was away this past week for work, I was asked to take a DISC behavior profile test. Last time I took this test, I was CATEGORIZED as an "I," which is someone that is very outgoing, talkative and lacks discipline in the management.

This time, I came back as a "D," which is defined by their directness, focus and need to CONTROL this around them. Pretty scary… this thing has me PEGGED!

As I was reflecting on the old Zach vs. new Zach, I wondered what made the big change. Likely it's the LEADERSHIP role in Junior Chamber, in addition to growing responsibilities within work. Moreover, it's the FRUSTRATION with continually having to chase my tail because I didn't PREPARE properly… sounds familiar?

Howe often have you had to EXECUTE 3x the work because you failed to plan properly? Have you arrived at an appointment, just to find you left the most IMPORTANT document at the office? Are you a HABITUAL tooth brush "abandoner" on trips?

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:

Like most people, I had the PROCRASTINATION gene handed down to me. I was one to wake up 22 minutes before school because I had tested time and time again to KNOW that was how long it took. I would show up to the airport 45 minutes prior to a flight as I KNEW it would only take 40 to get through check in, security and to the terminal. I was AMAZING at it… well, kind of.

Often, for those of us that PROCRASTINATE, I was late, unprepared, disorganized – a WRECK!

By preparing at 2 nights in advance for a trip – I never FORGOT my toothbrush again. By spending 1 hour of prep work for a meeting – I closed MORE deals. By reading the document we would review in Junior Chamber – we ACCOMPLISHED more!

Isn't your time VALUABLE enough to make sure you don't WASTE it later? Take the extra time and you will find you SAVE a ton of it!

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::