Morning Motivator – My Appreciation for a Leader

"Appreciation is a combination of understanding, quiet amazement, and gratitude. Appreciating something permits its experience and integration."
-Harry Palmer, The Collected Wisdom Of Harry Palmer

This week, in Nashville, a GREAT leader was lost. Civic leader Nelson Andrews died Friday night after a long fight with illness. He was 82. I can say, with great pride and honor, that I KNEW Nelson personally. Here are my thoughts…

Every so often a person comes along who gives you inspiration for a better future.

Serving as President of the Nashville Area Junior Chamber of Commerce, I am proud to say that I share a common path with Mr. Nelson Andrews as leader of this storied organization. Nelson, a past President of the group and the 2008 NAJCC Community Leadership & Service Award winner, served the youthful leadership of Nashville with a smile and glimmer in his eye. He spoke of our responsibility to others, our community and those still to follow. Humbly, I am also proud to say that I had the opportunity to know him personally, even for a short while.

As a recent graduate of the Leadership Nashville Class of 2008-2009, my experiences with Nelson solidified the legend of this great man - from his youthful enthusiasm for square dancing to his marked intolerance for racial injustice. His character was a blueprint for personal responsibility coupled with humanity.

In service as a young leader within the Nashville community, I thank Nelson Andrews for his commitment to our collective betterment... may I and the Nashville Junior Chamber serve others in way that will make him proud.

Respectively,

Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::