Morning Motivator – A Secret to Getting Ahead

"Ask your boss for advice on how to get ahead in your career. Then, take it!"
- Brian Tracy

When I am asked HOW I have made some of the professional and community gains in recent years, I am shocked at the RESPONSE I get from my answer. I SHARE with people that my SECRET is "asking the people I seek to be like, 'what I SHOULD be doing?'" This seems a simple answer, yet many people say, "You REALLY just ask?" SURE… why not?

When you consider some of the BEST advice you have ever received, it often came from your PARENTS. You didn't listen to it (of course), yet it was still GREAT advice. As we MATURE, we begin to realize that our elder leaders are, indeed, a WEALTH of knowledge. They KNOW the path we are walking, the HURDLES we will experience and the most EFFICIENT ways to overcome. So I ask… Why would you NOT leverage such a valuable resource?

In business, as in our personal life, the ability to SUCCEED comes from effective communication and an understanding of what is expected to APPEASE others. If your significant other were UPSET with you, commonly you ask "what's wrong?" and "what can I do to make it better?" (Include an "I'm Sorry" for MAXIMUM results.) If ASKING works to make things better at home, why would you BELIEVE that your boss would be UNWILLING to share information on how you can be a more VALUABLE piece of the team??

2 DEGREE SUCCESS STEP:
Learning from others, through discussion, reading autobiographies, direct Q&A, is a SIMPLE, EFFECTIVE way of catalyzing your success.

By asking the people that most DIRECTLY affect your ability to "move up the ladder," you create advantages with your leadership team others overlook, such as:

1. Gained respect from a WILLINGNESS to ask for support
2. Appreciation for an expressed DESIRE to contribute more to the team
3. IDENTIFICATION as a "rising leader" in the group
4. Increased VALUE of your thoughts, opinions and ideas

If you are SERIOUS about getting ahead; ASK how to get there. Once you KNOW, get off your TAIL and GET TO WORK!! (They will love you more for it!)

Cheers,
Zach

*To enjoy past editions of the Morning Motivator go to – http://grow-learn-lead.blogspot.com


The Morning Motivator is a copyrighted publication. The use of this article is open for print or publication with proper citations.

No comments:

:: past morning motivators ::